Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS)
Request Your Medical Records
Our Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We also assist providers with completing forms for patients.
We can assist you with the following —
- access to your medical records
- obtaining copies of your medical records
- requests to amend your medical records
- completion of forms for benefits, insurance, and other reasons
The Release of Information Staff is expert in our patients' rights and their medical records.
The Release of Information Office is located in the Business Office.
- At Montgomery-West Campus call: (334) 272-4670, ext. 4647 or 4648
- At Tuskegee-East Campus call: (334) 727-0550, ext. 3818
How to Request Information
To request a medical record, please select one of the forms listed in the column to the right, complete the requested information, sign the form, and mail it to the following address —
Because forms must contain an original signature, e-mailed forms cannot be accepted.
Requests for records will take approximately 10-14 days to process.
There is no cost to send copies directly to another health care provider. If copies are for a patient's personal use, photocopying fees may be assessed.