Contact the Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS) - Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS)
Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS)


Contact the Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS)

Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS) offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation's Veterans. For additional contact information you may also view our phone directory or A to Z List of Services. For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) services, Dial 711.

Contacting a Patient

Visiting Hours
10:00am - 4:30pm

If you come to visit a patient, please see our maps for directions.

If you would like to send a card, gift or flowers to a patient at either facility, the mailing address is:



Patient Name
(Patient Room Number)
215 Perry Hill Road
Montgomery, AL 36109


Patient Name
(Patient Room Number)
2400 Hospital Avenue
Tuskegee, AL 36083

To locate an inpatient or their phone number, please dial either the Montgomery-West Campus at (334) 272-4670 or the Tuskegee-East Campus at (334) 727-0550. To call toll free, dial 1-800-214-8387.

Telephone Care

Please contact our telephone care line if you need medical advice, have a question about your medication, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment. Your location determines which number to use.

  • Within Montgomery-West Campus metro area: 272-4670 or (800) 214-8387 
  • Within Tuskegee-East Campus metro area: 727-0550 or (800) 214-8387 
  • Outside of the CAVHCS calling area:
    Toll-free 1-866-601-1079

Schedule an Appointment

To schedule an appointment, please contact us at any of the numbers listed on our appointments page, or visit My HealtheVet.

Patient Advocate

If you have a compliment, complaint, or other issue which you believe requires resolution, please contact one of our patient advocates. See who to contact on our customer service page.

OEF/OIF/OND Coordinator

Contact the local OEF/OIF Coordinator for more information on the Returning Service Members after military discharge.

Social Work Services

Contact us at (334) 725-3102 or 1-800-214-8387, ext. 3102. For more info, click here.

Former Prisoners of War Advocate

Our Former Prisoners of War Advocate can provide special assistance to former POWs. Contact the Former Prisoners of War (FPOW) Advocate
(334) 214-8387, Extension 4338 or 1-800-214-8387, Extension 4338 or Pager 089

Compensation and Pension

To speak with someone in compensation and pension, call the Montgomery- West Campus at (334) 272-4670, ext. 4639, 4602 or 4615.
Contact the the Tuskegee-East Campus at (334) 727-0550, ext. 3916 or 5016.

Release of Information

If you need to get information from your medical records, please contact our Release of Information Office.

Inquiry Routing and Information System (IRIS)

VA has established IRIS, an inquiry routing and information system, which provides answers to frequently-asked questions. You may also use this system to submit a comment, question, or concern.

News Media

Members of the news media should contact Sheila Marie Austin, Public Affairs Officer at (334) 272-4670 ext. 4921