Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS)
Physical Therapy Program
Clinical Affiliation is a vital component of Central Alabama Health Care System (CAVHCS). This aspect of the Physical Therapy Program provides an opportunity for student assessment of didactic skills with in a clinical setting. The clinical components of this program focus on the cognitive, affective and psychomotor aspects of learning in a controlled environment allow for and transference of that learning as it applies to actual patients care environment. Students are expected to assume limited roles as physical therapists while under the supervision and guidance of licensed and experienced physical therapist.
1) Practical and teaching in an ethical, legal, safe caring and an effective manner.
2) Ascertain skills to determine a diagnosis within the scope of physical therapy in any client with a physical dysfunction.
3) Design and manage a comprehensive physical therapy plan of care.
4) Interact with other healthcare professionals in ways that reflect the willingness to add new information to the system and effectively represent one's role and responsibility as a professional physical therapist.
5) Serve as an advocate for health promotion.
Send completed processing packet to the following address:
Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System
For assistance contact Mrs. McCorvey at: