AFFILIATE NURSING PROGRAM
Inherited in the mission of the Education Service is to 1) provide opportunities for nursing students/trainees to receive part of their education at Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System, and 2) have a major role in the delivery of the "best care anywhere" to veterans. Nursing currently provides clinical student experiences for four approved affiliate universities with masters degree programs; three universities with undergraduate degree programs and one college offering an associate degree. Therefore, the goals of the affiliate nursing program are to:
- Provide opportunities for nursing students to meet their educational needs;
- Promote quality care and effective nursing practice;
- Become a significant influence in the development of future nurses and as an "Employer of Choice"; and
- Foster collegial relationships between educational institutions and Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System.
Send completed processing packet to the following address:
Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System
ATTN: Brenda Winston
ACN, Nursing Education
2400 Hospital Rd
Tuskegee, AL 36083
For assistance contact Ms. Winston at:
Brenda.Winston@va.gov or (334) 727-0550 ext. 5219
NOTE: Incomplete student processing packets will not be processed and you will not be able to start your clinical training on time.
Upon receipt of your forms, our Human Resources department will contact you to arrange a time for you to come to the facility for fingerprinting and other entry processing requirements. A complete background check including fingerprinting is required for all VA staff and trainees. The following documents are required at time of fingerprinting:
- One government issued photo ID (i.e. driver license, military ID, passport) and one non-photo ID (see list on VA Form 0711, page 5, item 4 above).
- Permanent Resident Card (if applicable).
- Vehicle Registration and proof of insurance (if applying for a VA parking permit).