The Dental Assistant Trainee Program was developed in collaboration with Trenholm State Technical College. The trainees rotate through the dental clinics usually in pairs for 2 to 3 weeks. During the rotation, the students will be provided with clinical training in all aspects of dental assisting.
The rotation covers the following key areas and topics:
- the history of dentistry and dental assisting;
- an introduction to oral anatomy;
- dental equipment;
- introduction to tooth structure;
- primary and permanent teeth;
- the oral cavity and related structures;
- proper patient positioning' dental hand-pieces;
- sterilization and other areas.
Send completed processing packet to the following address:
Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System
ATTN: Joe Lynn (11E)
Acting Administrative Officer for Education
215 Perry Hill Rd
Montgomery, AL 36109
For assistance contact Mr. Lynn at:
Joseph.Lynn@va.gov or (334) 260-4177.
NOTE: Incomplete student processing packets will not be processed and you will not be able to start your clinical training on time.
Upon receipt of your forms, our Human Resources department will contact you to arrange a time for you to come to the facility for fingerprinting and other entry processing requirements.
- One government issued photo ID (i.e. driver license, military ID, passport) and one non-photo ID (see list on VA Form 0711, page 5, item 4 above).
- Permanent Resident Card (if applicable).
- Vehicle Registration and proof of insurance (if applying for a VA parking permit).
If we are not able to have your fingerprints completed at least 2 weeks prior to your start date it may prolong your educational experience here at CAVHCS.